About Family Nurse Practitioner at Houston Baptist University
The Family Nurse Practitioner program at the Houston Baptist University prepares you to sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner certification examination from either the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. The 40-credit program includes 621 clinical contact hours and can be completed in 24-26 months. The program will prepare you for rewarding and flexible practitioner roles in family-focused healthcare including managing, diagnosing and treating patients from across the lifespan.
Offered through the School of Nursing and Allied Health, the MSN allows BSN-prepared nurses with a Texas Board of Nursing license to earn their degree without having to travel to class. The flexible curriculum was developed in a competency-based education (CBE) model (course based, not direct assessment CBE) and is delivered through a blend of online coursework and high quality clinical and practicum experiences at leading healthcare providers near you.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory Integration
- Advanced Nursing Research
- Leadership for Quality, Safety and Health Policy
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International student application deadline is at least two months prior to the stated deadlines above.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 693 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Houston Baptist University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Show proof of sufficient English skills
- TOEFL, IELTS, SAT and/or ACT scores, OR
- Completion of two (2) classes of collegiate English taken in the United States
- Certificate of completion from Language Consultants International (ESL program)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent at an accredited institution of higher education whose instruction is conducted in English.
International11500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.