There are two program options for the Music Education degree at Nazareth College, depending whether you already have New York state initial teacher certification. Nazareth College is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
What to Expect
- Nazareth's NEW lower tuition rate for grad teaching degrees makes this high-demand certification within reach, enabling you to fill a needed teaching position in a school district in the local region or beyond.
- Collaborate with peers, since many of your fellow students are currently teachers.
- Get one-on-one attention from faculty.
- Private instruction on a primary instrument is an elective option.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Music Education
- Curriculum Design in Music
- Jazz Music
- Seminar in Conducting
- Music for the Special Learner
- Issues in Elementary Music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1074 other Masters in Music in United States
- Professional Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Request official transcripts from each college you attended
- Submit standardized test scores from within the past 5 years
- Submit your recorded audition to Slideroom
International23700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 790 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 790 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.