The objectives of the programs are to train the next generation of scientists in integrative biology who will tackle some of the major issues of our time including the responses of biological systems to environmental variation and change.
The Integrative Biology programs at Michigan State University provide students with a broad knowledge of the field through courses and seminars and prepare students for independent and original research in one of the various specialized subdisciplines of integrative biology.
Faculty and staff work on a wide range of biological systems and emphasize the integration and synthesis of information from various levels of biological organization, from molecules to ecosystems.
Areas of active research include genetics, cellular and developmental biology, systematics, paleontology, comparative morphology, physiology, behavior, and ecology and evolutionary biology.
Students may obtain specialized graduate training through interdepartmental graduate programs. Integrative Biology faculty are affiliated with interdepartmental graduate programs and research in genetics, cell and molecular biology, neuroscience, and ecology and evolutionary biology.
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Organismal and Population Biology
- Cell and Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Organismal and Population Biology Laboratory
- Honors Cell and Molecular Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 1272 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Regular admission to the graduate programs in integrative biology is granted to students having a bachelor's degree, with training in the biological sciences at least equal to that required for this degree at Michigan State University;
- a grade–point average of 3.00 or better; and one year each of chemistry, physics, and mathematics. Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination General Test and approval of the department also are required.
- Students who do not meet the requirements for regular admission may, under certain circumstances, be admitted on a provisional basis while deficiencies are being corrected.
International29772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29772 USD per year during 12 months.
National29772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29772 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15152 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.