Public Health from Mississippi University for Women core courses provide instruction and a basis of knowledge in coursework that is basic to public health, including biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health sciences, program administration, and social and behavioral sciences. The Public Health education-specific curriculum includes instruction in program planning, implementation, and evaluation. Students are introduced to graduate level research methods and may select from courses about injury prevention, nutrition, stress management, or other health-related behaviors.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are prepared to work in communities, schools, healthcare settings, and government agencies. Graduates are prepared to take the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam, which is the gold standard credential for health educators.
- Health Education
- Theories of Health Behavior
- Research Methods in Health Education
- Health Program Planning 8 Implementation
- Evaluation of Health Programs
- Community Health Education Methods
- Health Program Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 160 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Completed online application
- Official Transcripts of all coursework from colleges/universities attended
- Reference forms
- Admissions essay
- Current resume
- $25 application fee
- Health Education Essay
- Current Resume
- Skype Interview (scheduled after application is received and reviewed)
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year institution
- A minimum 3.0 quality point average in the proposed area of study
- English Exam Scores: TOEFL 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (internet-based); IELTS 6.0; or PTE 53
- Three recommendations of the student's qualifications for graduate work
- Letter of financial backing with supporting documentation
- Agreement to purchase or show health insurance coverage.
- Proof of immunization and test screening.
International9562 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 425 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9562 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 425 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.