This two-year Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and Applied Linguistics program at University of Findlay consists of live courses which take place Monday-Thursday evenings from 5 to 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 to 3 p.m. making this an ideal program for working professionals pursuing a master's degree while maintaining their employment.
Our courses provide a firm foundation in:
- Multilingual/multicultural education
- Second language acquisition
- Curriculum evaluation and design
- Language pedagogy
The program requires the completion of 36 credit hours (24 credits required, 12 credits of departmental electives), thesis approval, and completion of graduate service to the community hours. Upon transcript and syllabi evaluation by the department, graduate transfer students may transfer up to nine graduate credit hours of electives.
- Methods and Materials for the K-12 English Language Learner
- Methods/Materials for the Adult ESL Learner
- Linguistics for Teachers
- Human Development and Language Acquisition
- Assessment Practices for English Language Learners
- English Grammar for the ESL/3iIingual Classroom
- Research Methods in Linguistics
- ESL Teaching Practicum
- Thesis Advisement: Culminating Course for the TESOL Master's Program
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTeaching Linguistics Teaching English View 1727 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Graduate applicants to the University of Findlay are students who have completed the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor’s degree at either a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an institution recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in their home country.
- When applying for admission, please select the application that is linked to the graduate program AND entry point you wish to start classes at the University of Findlay.
- The English Test Score requirements can be waived if the student can demonstrate English proficiency.
International17820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 495 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 495 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Findlay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.