Creative Writing from Western Colorado University provides you the opportunity to hone your craft, discover new talents in a safe and supportive environment and expand your personal and professional network to accelerate your career.
Graduates with Creative Writing from Western Colorado University will:
- get serious about their writing
- refine their craft,
- elevate their art
- achieve their full potential as professional writers
- Career Planning for Genre Writers
- Romance and Mystery Fiction
- Western, Speculative, and Young
- Adult Fiction
- Teaching and Pedagogy
- Writing about Nature and Science
- Genre Fiction Writing and Reading
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts Literature View 388 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- An official transcript of the bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university showing recommended 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher, including grades of B- or
- An 800- to 1,000-word personal statement describing writing experience and commitment to writing.
- A writing sample
- Two letters of professional recommendation from those capable of assessing the applicant's preparation to succeed in graduate-level work.
- Payment of university application fee
- Complete and submit Western’s Online Graduate Application.
- Submit a $50 non–refundable application fee.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language
- An Affidavit of Support Form for your specific graduate program
- A letter of financial support and bank statement showing sufficient funds to cover the first year of study.
- A photocopy of your passport, listing official name, birthdate, etc.
- If you are in the U.S., a photocopy of your visa and I-94 by which you entered the country.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 12 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6816 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Gunnison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.