Looking to get serious about your writing? Dreaming of becoming a published author? Eager to refine your craft, elevate your art, and inspire the world? By pursuing an M.A. in Creative Writing from Western State Colorado University, you can do all of this and more.
Areas of Study Include:
- Genre Fiction Concentration
- Screenwriting for Film and Television Concentration
- Nature Writing Concentration
- Poetry Concentration
- Publishing Concentration
More informationVisit official programme website
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Creative Writing Liberal Arts View 676 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
As part of your application for admission to the MFA or M.A., you will need to submit the following:
- An official transcript of the bachelor's degree, including grades of B- or above in at least four (4) undergraduate or graduate courses in literary and/or film studies (either in analytical or creative work).
- An 800- to 1,000-word personal statement describing your writing experience and commitment to writing.
- A 20- to 30-page writing sample in the appropriate genre, double spaced and numbered, or properly formatted for the appropriate genre.
- At least two letters of professional recommendation from those capable of assessing the applicant's preparation to succeed in a low-residency program.
International8400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.