Candidates for the Master of Music degree must complete a minimum of 32 hours of approved course work and maintain a minimum graduate grade point average of 3.0. Only applied music grades of “A” or “B” will count toward requirements for the degree.
The student must remove all deficiencies identified by admission examinations. The deficiencies may be removed by satisfactorily completing additional coursework in deficiency areas as directed by the Graduate Committee.
All candidates for the Master of Music degree from Southwestern Oklahoma State University must pass written and oral comprehensive exams. Performance majors must present at least one public recital. The recital content and length must be approved by the Graduate Committee.
The Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Music with approval of the chair and advisement of the faculty, shall appoint for each student a Graduate Committee of not fewer than three faculty members from the Music Department. Members of the committee should represent the various areas of applied music, music theory, music history, and music education. The committee will review the candidate’s advisory examinations, construct and approve a final form of the program, and administer the final comprehensive examination.
- Courses include:
- Music Program Administration
- Advanced Vocal Methods
- Advanced Conducting
- Music Education
- Music of the Baroque
- Music of the Classic Era
- Music of the Romantic Era
- Music of the Twentieth Century
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 1118 other Masters in Music in United States
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to rate the applicant’s academic aptitude and motivation.
- Advisory exams, administered by the department in music history and music theory, to be completed during the first period of enrollment.
- For performance majors: An entrance audition of 30 minutes length representing a variety of styles and composers.
- For music education majors: A brief performance audition in the major applied area.
- A bachelor’s degree in music, music education, music performance or the equivalency from a NASM accredited institution.
International14202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14202 USD per year during 24 months.
National14202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14202 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7530 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Weatherford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.