Candidates must complete 32 hours of graduate study as approved by their graduate guidance committee with at least a B average. An oral final examination is required of all M.S. candidates, and written examinations may be required at the option of the examining committee.
- Courses are delivered mainly through online and other distance education technologies and occasional site-based programming (site-based courses are optional and not required to complete the degree).
- The Crop Sciences Online M.S. degree program at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign is completed as a non-thesis degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program has a 30-plus year history of providing high quality University of Illinois courses and began granting off-campus MS degrees in 1986 to agriculture professionals across Illinois, as well as in neighboring states.
- Students may enroll in individual courses for personal or professional advancement or may apply for admission to the master's degree program in Crop Sciences. Students who successfully complete three qualifying courses may also receive a Professional Development Certificate in Crop Sciences.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Plant & Crop Sciences View 1144 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are considered for admission to the Master of Science program if they have a bachelor's or equivalent degree comparable to that granted by the University of Illinois.
- Admission to the Ph.D. program will be considered for applicants with the M.S., those nearing completion of the M.S., and in some cases, those with the B.S. Because of the diversity of programs in the Department of Crop Sciences, the preparation that is needed varies considerably.
- Strong letters of reference, evident motivation to undertake graduate study, and good preparation in basic science courses enhance an applicant's credentials.
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.