The Computer Science program at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign is a professionally-oriented, coursework-based degree program offered as an on-campus program or online.
- The online option allows individuals to earn the MCS from a leader in information technology entirely online with no required campus visits.
- The on-campus MCS program is designed to allow students to complete the degree in as little as one year with a maximum of three continuous semesters. Online students have 5 years in which to complete the program.
- Online students have the option to complete the comprehensive MCS track or the MCS program with a data science track. All online classes are taught by our world-recognized faculty.
- Online students also receive additional instructional support from Computer Science Graduate Teaching Assistants and program staff.
- 12 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 200 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree equivalent to that granted by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- The recommended background for students entering a Computer Science graduate degree program is a bachelor's in computer science or computer engineering.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general aptitude tests (Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical) are not required. However, in some cases, GRE general scores may provide helpful supporting information.
- Applicants to the MCS program must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.20 (A = 4.00) in their undergraduate studies (international GPAs are systematically converted) to be considered.
International36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36150 USD per year during 12 months.
National36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36150 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18998 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.