In the spring of year 1, as part of readmission, all students are given the option to switch to the Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), non-thesis track. Students opting to remain on the Computer Science M.S.E. track at Princeton University must have a confirmed research adviser and should also have a preliminary thesis proposal. Switching tracks will be permitted through January of year 2.
Teaching experience is considered to be a significant part of graduate education. Funding is normally in the form of teaching assistantships covering the four semesters of the program. Nonnative English speakers must have a TOEFL speak score of 27 or better to be considered for a teaching assistantship. Summer funding for M.S.E. candidates in the form of a research assistantship may be offered at the adviser's discretion.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming Languages
- Theoretical Machine Learning
- Automated Reasoning about Software
- Advanced Computer Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 449 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible for admission to the Graduate School applicants must, before they are enrolled, hold a bachelor’s degree or its foreign equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Finalize resume/curriculum vitae.
- Gather email addresses and full names of three recommenders prior to submitting the application online. Letters of recommendation will be submitted using our electronic recommendation service.
- Arrange to have prerequisite test scores sent to Princeton.
- Be sure the statement of academic purpose outlines goals for graduate study.
International53890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53890 USD per year during 24 months.
National53890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53890 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Princeton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.