Some double-degree master's programs are offered, and provisions have been made, in all of the department's basic programs, to serve the specific needs of students from developing countries.
The master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning, offered by the University of Wisconsin Madison, is intended primarily to prepare graduates for professional positions in government, nonprofit and community organizations and the private sector. We seek to train students with the knowledge, theories, skills and abilities to be leaders in shaping communities.
Master's degree coursework consists of 45 credits distributed among core planning skills and knowledge, an area of specialization, and elective courses. Students also gain practical experience in planning and problem solving through required internships.
- (General Planning Knowledge) Comprehension, representation, and use of ideas and information in the planning field, including appropriate perspectives from history, social science, and the design professions.
- (Purpose and Meaning of Planning) Appreciation of why planning is undertaken by communities, cities, regions, and nations, and the impact planning is expected to have.
- (Planning Theory) Appreciation of the behaviors and structures available to bring about sound planning outcomes.
- (Planning Law) Appreciation of the legal and institutional contexts within which planning occurs.
- (Human Settlements and History of Planning) Understanding of the growth and development of places over time and across space.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Methods of Planning Analysis
- Planning Thought and Practice
- Planning and the Legal System
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Site Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Urban Planning View 301 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Online application
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Statement of purpose
- The success of international students enrolled in the program depends heavily on a good working knowledge of English. Prospective applicants who do not feel comfortable using the English language are strongly urged to consider further language study before applying for admission
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.