Earning a master's in music education prepares educators for leadership roles in the classroom and in band or choir. If you're already a certified teacher, earning your curriculum and instruction master's degree with music education emphasis from Wayne State College can help advance your career and improve your teaching skills, which makes you more competitive in the job market.
This Music Education program from Wayne State College may also appeal to non-teachers, as careers can be found ouside of education in directorship positions, performance, and music lessons; however, conferral of this degree to non-teachers will not result in teacher certification.
- Fundamentals of Curriculum Development PK-16
- History and Philosophy of Education
- Instructional Practices in Music Education
- Analytical Techniques for Tonal Music
- Choral Literature and Materials
- Instrumental Literature and Materials
- Advanced Choral Conducting
- Advanced Instrumental Conducting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Music Music History View 1417 other Masters in Education in United States
- Successfully complete a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Complete and submit the online Graduate Application for Admission a
- Request official transcript(s) for all college coursework
- The official transcript(s) must be original, have the official seal of the institution and the degree statement, and must be sent directly to WSC (the transcript(s) must not pass the student’s hands).
- Three reference forms or letters need to be submitted on your behalf. Eligible references are school administrators and current or previous employers. The recommendations cannot be from peers, people the student is currently supervising or has supervised in he past.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose to the Dean of the School of Education and Counseling
International6462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 359 USD per credit during 24 months.
National6462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 359 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.