Achievement of the M.S. degree in this department reflects strong scholarship in one of the top medical physics programs in North America. Graduates are prepared for teaching and/or research positions in universities, national laboratories, or in the medical and nuclear technology industries.
We offer a master degree in Medical Physics at the University of Wisconsin Madison. Graduates are also prepared for admission into medical physics residency programs to become board eligible for clinical medical physics positions.
Medical physicists may participate professionally in the treatment of patients, in advanced medical imaging and diagnostic procedures, or in related areas of research and teaching. Health physicists may operate radiation protection programs at nuclear industrial facilities, hospitals, or laboratories, or may perform research on methods of measuring ionizing radiations (i.e., dosimetry).
- Articulates, critiques, and/or elaborates theories, research methods, and approaches to inquiry or schools of practice in the field of medical physics.
- Identifies sources and assembles evidence pertaining to questions or challenges in the field of medical physics.
- Selects and/or utilizes the most appropriate methodologies and practices.
- Evaluates and/or synthesizes information pertaining to questions or challenges in the field of medical physics.
- Communicates clearly in both oral and written formats.
- Fosters ethical and professional conduct.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Radiological Physics and Dosimetry
- Radionuclides in Medicine and Biology
- Physics of Radiotherapy
- The Physics of Diagnostic Radiology
- Health Physics and Biological Effects
- Medical Image Science: Mathematical and Conceptual Foundations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine View 483 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A bachelor's degree in physics is considered the best preparation for graduate study in medical physics, but majors such as nuclear engineering, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or chemistry may also be acceptable
- The student's math background should include calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, and Fourier analysis, such as might be learned in modern optics or undergraduate quantum theory
- Some facility in computer programming and electronic instrumentation is desirable. One year of chemistry, a year of biology, and an introductory course in physiology are also advantageous
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.