Coursework for this Educational Leadership programme of University of La Verne can be applied to fulfill the requirements of the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
La Verne’s master’s degree program in educational leadership is designed to develop emotionally intelligent leaders who value the importance of building a supportive school site team of staff, teachers, parents, and the community to work together for the benefit of the students. The program’s coursework, field experiences, and classroom assignments are directly linked to the real work of school leadership.
Effective school leaders are in high demand. Employment of elementary, middle, and high school principals is projected to grow 4 percent from 2018-2028, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Graduates of the master’s in educational leadership are prepared to meet the academic and socioemotional needs of our diverse communities, communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, understand school funding and resource optimization, and foster a school setting that can compete in the educational marketplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instructional Leadership
- Foundations of Educational Leadership
- Contemporary Issues in California Schools
- Human Resource Administration
- School Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Recommended: application to be submitted at least one month prior to the semester/term you wish to begin (international students: at least two months)
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1820 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (Doctoral programs may also require a master’s degree.) Students whose degrees were completed at foreign universities must submit notarized translations into English where appropriate. Such students may be required to have their degrees evaluated by a La Verne-approved evaluation service to determine equivalency to a bachelor’s degree from the United States. There is a fee for this service.
- A preferred GPA of 2.5 or above for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study, and a GPA of 3.0 for any graduate work.
- Letters of recommendation attesting to academic/professional competency.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an acceptable level for graduate study.
International700 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
National700 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for La Verne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.