The Master of Science in Child Life is offered by University of La Verne prepares
Working with other healthcare professionals, the Child Life Specialist helps children and adolescents minimize anxiety, maintain relationships with their families, and retain their independence and self- esteem.
The Child Life Specialist is a clinical educator who provides developmental coping and therapeutic interventions to help patients and families understand and cope with traumatic experiences, always respecting and honoring the family system and diversity.
Certified Child Life Specialists help infants, children, adolescents, and their families cope with the stress and uncertainty of acute and chronic illness, injury, trauma, disability, loss, and bereavement. They provide evidence-based interventions catered to each patient’s unique age and situation. Interventions include therapeutic play, preparation for medical procedures, and education and counseling with the aim of reducing fear, anxiety, and pain.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Child Psychology and Development
- Writing for Child Development
- Teaching in a Diverse Society
- Infant and Toddler Development
- Early Childhood Student Teaching
- Assessment Education Specialist Professionalism
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Recommended: application to be submitted at least one month prior to the semester/term you wish to begin (international students: at least two months)
DisciplinesSocial Work View 355 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (Doctoral programs may also require a master’s degree.) Students whose degrees were completed at foreign universities must submit notarized translations into English where appropriate. Such students may be required to have their degrees evaluated by a La Verne-approved evaluation service to determine equivalency to a bachelor’s degree from the United States. There is a fee for this service.
- A preferred GPA of 2.5 or above for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study, and a GPA of 3.0 for any graduate work.
- Letters of recommendation attesting to academic/professional competency.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an acceptable level for graduate study.
International775 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 775 USD per credit during 36 months.
National775 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 775 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for La Verne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.