Students in the MS Finance program of University of La Verne graduate with valuable skills and knowledge they can immediately apply to real-world problems and career opportunities, including how to:
- analyze and develop complex financial models;
- manage short-term working capital;
- develop and manage capital expenditure budgets for large projects or the purchase or improvement of fixed assets;
- comprehend SEC regulations and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- understand international financial management practices;
- make ethical decisions and demonstrate responsible behavior in financial markets;
- solve problems in a dynamic environment with complex financial issues; and
- collaborate and communicate effectively to work within departments and across an organization.
The financial department of any organization is central to its profitability and success. It also can offer a dynamic and lucrative career path, with chief financial officers, chief investment officers, and portfolio managers being among the highest paid jobs, in the mid-six up to seven figures.
Graduates with an MS in Finance from the University of La Verne can work for any number of organizations across every industry – from large, multinational companies to smaller, family-owned organizations, nonprofits, or government agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Economics for Decision Making
- Quantitative and Statistical Analysis
- Business Finance
- Business Management
- Business Marketing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Recommended: application to be submitted at least one month prior to the semester/term you wish to begin (international students: at least two months)
DisciplinesFinance View 708 other Masters in Finance in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (Doctoral programs may also require a master’s degree.) Students whose degrees were completed at foreign universities must submit notarized translations into English where appropriate. Such students may be required to have their degrees evaluated by a La Verne-approved evaluation service to determine equivalency to a bachelor’s degree from the United States. There is a fee for this service.
- A preferred GPA of 2.5 or above for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study, and a GPA of 3.0 for any graduate work.
- Letters of recommendation attesting to academic/professional competency.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an acceptable level for graduate study.
International13650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 910 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 910 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for La Verne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.