The curriculum of University of La Verne’s Master of Science in Accounting program helps prepare those who wish to sit for the Certified Public Accountant exam and meet some of the requirements for the Certified Public Accountant licensure.
Students in the MS in Accounting program graduate with valuable skills and knowledge they can immediately apply to real-world problems and career opportunities, including how to:
- Translate accounting theory to real-world applications;
- Apply accounting knowledge, standards, rules, and regulations to business needs;;
- Think critically to solve accounting and business problems;
- Communicate effectively and write financial and business documents;
- Research accounting and business problems; and
- Employ ethical and responsible decision making and standards in accounting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Accounting and Reporting
- Auditing Standards and Practices
- Federal Taxation Concepts and Practices
- Economics for Decision Making
- Quantitative and Statistical Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Recommended: application to be submitted at least one month prior to the semester/term you wish to begin (international students: at least two months)
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 562 other Masters in Finance in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (Doctoral programs may also require a master’s degree.) Students whose degrees were completed at foreign universities must submit notarized translations into English where appropriate. Such students may be required to have their degrees evaluated by a La Verne-approved evaluation service to determine equivalency to a bachelor’s degree from the United States. There is a fee for this service.
- A preferred GPA of 2.5 or above for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study, and a GPA of 3.0 for any graduate work.
- Letters of recommendation attesting to academic/professional competency.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an acceptable level for graduate study.
International910 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 910 USD per credit during 24 months.
National910 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 910 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for La Verne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.