The Master's Programme in Nutrition Science gives the student an in-depth knowledge of its scientific basis and research methods in the field. This knowledge is relevant for doctoral education or other work that relates to the nutrition field.
Throughout history there has been many claims regarding the role of diet on our health. During more recent decades, there has been a tremendous development in the field and the nutritional knowledge has increased substantially.
The Master's Programme in Nutrition Science at Karolinska Institutet aims to increase the student's skills in working independently in the field of nutrition on scientific grounds. Areas covered in the first semester of the programme include how different types of studies contribute to the knowledge which forms the basis for diet and physical activity recommendations, while also considering sustainability aspects.
- The program prepares the student for further doctoral studies or other work that relates to the nutrition area where an understanding of the scientific principles is needed.
- For example it can be in health promoting work in the private or public sector, nationally or internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In-depth knowledge of molecular and genetic mechanisms underlying the impact of diet on the organism is also included. Assessment methodology for dietary intake, physical activity and fitness, focusing on understanding the validity, applicability and evaluation of the results is also dealt with.
- Methods for preventing disease and promoting healthy dietary habits and physical activity, e.g. by using internet and mobile phone technology, are also covered in the first part of the programme. Global perspectives and comparisons are included in all courses.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with foreign academic credentials should follow the documentation requirements for master's applicants at universityadmissions.se
- Applicants with Swedish academic credentials should follow the documentation requirements at antagning.se
- All documents must have reached University Admissions by the deadline for supporting documents 3rd of February 2020
International19205 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19205 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
200 000 SEK per year
There are many Swedish, European and international foundations that award scholarships and grants. The rules for different scholarships and grants can vary - some are intended to help meet living costs, others help with tuition fees (for non EU/EEA citizens) and still others can be used toward educational costs as a whole. For details on the various types of scholarships and grants available, please visit the programme website!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.