Nutrition Science at Karolinska Institute is relevant for doctoral education or other work that relates to the nutrition field.
Throughout history there has been many claims regarding the role of diet on our health. During more recent decades, there has been a tremendous development in the field and the nutritional knowledge has increased substantially. The Master's Programme in Nutrition Science aims to increase the student's skills in working independently in the field of nutrition on scientific grounds.
- The Nutrition Science programme at Karolinska Institute prepares you for further doctoral studies or other work that relates to the nutrition area where an understanding of the scientific principles is needed.
- For example it can be in health promoting work in the private or public sector, nationally or internationally.
- Diet and health - scientific evidence, recommendations and sustainability
- Nutrition science
- Molecular and genetic mechanisms in nutrition science
- Diet, physical activity and fitness - assessment and evaluation
- Diet, physical activity and disease prevention - interventions, mHealth and eHealth
- Nutrition and disease - treatment and clinical aspects
- Professional development and communication in nutrition science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 30 other Masters in Health Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Karolinska Institute and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree or a professional degree equivalent to a Swedish bachelor's degree of at least 180 credits in biomedicine, cellular and molecular biology, pharmaceutics, medicine, nutrition or the equivalent.
- English Proficiency
International19272 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19272 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 200 000 SEK per year
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.