This 32-credit English program from Bemidji State University is intended for certified teachers who wish to further develop their knowledge of literature and writing while at the same time enhancing their skills in teaching English. It is especially suitable for students who want to teach in secondary or middle schools and may also be useful to those who wish to teach in community colleges. It is open to students with an undergraduate major in English, a liberal arts background or a teacher education degree.
For complete current program requirements, please go to the current catalog; select Graduate Programs located on the right side.
- Technical Writing
- Argument and Exposition
- Intro Creative Wrtg
- American Lit to 1865
- British Lit to 1800
- Writing Fiction
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 362 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Graduate Application for Admission
- $20 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall undergraduate GPA: 2.75
- A copy of current teaching license (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation. If you are applying for a graduate assistantship, ask the recommender to comment on your potential as a classroom teacher
- Letter of application
International432 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 432 USD per credit and a duration of .
National432 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 432 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.