This 32-credit MS program in English is intended for teachers who wish to further develop their knowledge of literature and writing while at the same time enhancing their skills in teaching English.
The English program of the Bemidji State University is especially suitable for students who want to teach in secondary or middle schools and may also be useful to those who wish to teach in community colleges. It is open to students with an undergraduate major in English, a liberal arts background or a teacher education degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Research
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- The Learning Community
- Research and Bibliography
- Problems of Literary Criticism
- Language and Linguistics Topics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 466 other Masters in Literature in United States
Graduate Application for Admission
$20 non-refundable application fee
Official transcripts of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Overall undergraduate GPA: 2.75
A copy of current teaching license (if applicable)
Three letters of recommendation.Letter of application for graduate study addressed to “English Department Director of Graduate Studies,” which includes the following:
- The degree you wish to obtain (MS)
- If you’re applying for a graduate assistantship (GA), a statement to that effect
- A statement regarding your reasons for applying for graduate study, and for applying for a graduate assistantship if you have interest
- A summary of your experience, academic study, skills and interests you will bring to your studies
- Other information you would like the English department to consider regarding your application
International5340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2670 USD per semester during 12 months.
National5340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2670 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Bemidji
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.