The Master of Science is the highest degree awarded by the Biology department. It reflects the range and depth of biology sub-disciplines and broadens students’ horizons through both coursework and original scientific research.
The Biology program of the Bemidji State University has two degree pathway options: fully-online MS in Biology (36 credits) and/or thesis based MS in Biology (30 credits – residential/hybrid program).
- Advanced Project in Literature Review
- Computer Applications in Statistics
- Advanced Project in Methodology
- Grants and Contracts
- Advanced Graduate Laboratory Projects
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling admission, so apply at any time.
- If you are hoping to do the thesis based program and pursing a potential GA, apply by February 1 for Fall admission.
- Thesis: 30 credits
- Non-thesis: 36 credits
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Genetics View 616 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Graduate Application for Admission
- $20 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall undergraduate GPA: 2.75
- One-page letter of intent stating research interests and future career goals
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a previous employer/professor
- International students must also provide Proof of English Proficiency
International5938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2969 USD per semester during 12 months.
National5938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Bemidji
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.