About the program
The Master of Social Work - Organizational Leadership and Management for BSW at Troy University offers students two concentrations - Direct Practice with a focus on military families or Organizational Leadership and Management with a focus on international social work.
The Direct Practice concentration offers students a one-of-a-kind opportunity in Alabama. Students will receive specialized training in providing advanced level social work services to individuals, families and groups. In addition, Troy University’s long partnership with the United States military, and TROY’s faculty with military backgrounds, provide the student the unique opportunity to gain focused training in dealing with military families.
Graduates in this concentration have the opportunity to fill an unmet need in many areas of public and private social work in addition to filling the specific unmet need for social work services for our active duty military and reserve personnel.
The Organizational Leadership and Management concentration is unlike any program currently offered in Alabama and provides graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage resources within unique government structures both here and abroad. The concentration is one of only 20 such MSW programs offered in the U.S.
Career opportunities in the field of social work continue to expand. Upon completion of the degree, graduates may test for a license to practice.
Initially offered in a hybrid format with both online and face-to-face components, this terminal degree prepares graduates for a seamless transition from the classroom to a career.
Graduates of TROY’s Master of Social Work program will be equipped to:
- Identify as a professional social workers.
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide professional practice.
- Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments.
- Engage diversity and difference in practice.
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice.
- Engage in research-informed practice, as well as practice-informed research.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment.
- Engage in policy practice to advance social and economic well-being and to deliver effective social work services.
- Engage, assess, intervene and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- Engage in advanced practice.
- Organizational Leadership and Management Practice Evaluation
- Program Design and Development
- Advanced Policy Analysis
- Organizational Leadership and Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Leadership View 1766 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university with a minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 (4.0 scale) or a 3.0 grade point average on the last 30 semester hours and
- Have an acceptable score on the appropriate entrance exam - official test score required,.
- Provide an official letter of recommendation.
International25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 425 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Troy
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.