The Middle Childhood and Adolescence Education (Grades 5-12) - English program at Manhattanville College prepares graduate students to work with secondary students in middle school or high school as teachers of English Language Arts in grades 5-12.
Manhattanville's program includes a study of the history, evolution and development of the English Language and its various grammars as well as Adolescent Literature. Students in the English Education program must also take courses in the teaching of writing, middle school philosophy and teaching with technology.
These additional courses prepare students to teach a well-rounded language arts curriculum that includes traditional literature as well as more diverse readings, language skills, and the processes and products of composition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Curriculum and Methods in Middle Childhood and Adolescence Education
- Fundamentals of Middle Childhood Education
- Teaching Writing/Thinking 5-12
- English Curriculum and Methodology in Middle Childhood and Adolescence Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Literature Teaching View 651 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Complete the online application
- Master's level programs require 2 letters of recommendation
- Official records of all undergraduate and graduate work required. Transcripts should be forwarded directly from the institution to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office.
- Write a 2-3 page personal statement that describes your reasons for choosing teaching or educational leadership as a profession and your philosophy of education.
- Fee: $75
International37986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 974 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Harrison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.