Teacher candidates enrolled in this Childhood Education program at Manhattanville College develop content and pedagogical knowledge in curriculum planning, management techniques, assessment, instructional strategies, needs of diverse learners, and using research to inform practice. In our clinically-based program, candidates complete 100 hours of fieldwork in a variety of settings prior to student teaching. Each experience working in the field is designed to support course work and help candidates develop skills in focused learning environments.
More about this program
Candidates learn in classrooms with college professors, practicing teachers, and elementary students in our network of professional development schools located in the surrounding districts. Courses are offered during both the day and evening to accommodate all schedules.
- Multicultural Classroom
- Special Education
- Methods for Teaching Literacy and Language Arts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 4316 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete the online application
- Master's level programs require 2 letters of recommendation
- Official records of all undergraduate and graduate work required. Transcripts should be forwarded directly from the institution to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office.
- Write a 2-3 page personal statement that describes your reasons for choosing teaching or educational leadership as a profession and your philosophy of education.
- Fee: $75
International38025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 975 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Harrison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.