At Art Market Studies from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY students will apply their passion for art and business acumen to a variety of dynamic roles—in commercial art galleries, auction houses, art fairs, museums, foundations, online platforms, and art appraisal firms.
Graduates with Art Market Studies from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- locate a work of art in its historical context and determine its market position and value;
- communicate in spoken and written language appropriate to the particular audiences and circumstances;
- implement or work within key management systems appropriate to the small business environment of art galleries;
- analyze key marketing functions including advertising, promotion, events, sponsorship, publicity, public relations, and strategic alliances and determine the effective media mix to meet a business or situation’s needs;
- thoughtfully consider and utilize knowledge of the legal and ethical questions particular to art galleries, auction houses, museums, collectors and artists; and
- make considered plans and projections, based on a deep understanding of the workings of the art market, with regard to internal price fluctuations due to changes in the culture, as well as economic forces and the relationship to other markets.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art Law and Professional Ethics
- Gallery Management and Operations
- Art in a Global Context: Post-1989
- The Auction Business
- Art Market Research and Valuation
- History of the Art Market: Renaissance Italy to the Present
- Postwar and Contemporary Art: 1945-1989
- 16 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Please note that applications are considered on a rolling basis; candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Marketing Art History View 365 other Masters in Art History in United States
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or the foreign equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Online application
- $100 Application Fee
- Official academic transcripts or course-by-course International Credential Evaluation
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- 3 Short Essays/ 1 Optional Essay
- Two College-Level Art History Courses - All students entering the program are expected to have taken two college-level courses in the history of art.
- GRE Scores (recommended, not required)
- Submit Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- GPA 3.0
- Most students who have been admitted to the program have undergraduate degrees in art history, or other subjects that are relevant to the art business, such as fine arts, business, economics, or history.
International23586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11793 USD per semester during 16 months.
National23586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11793 USD per semester during 16 months.
In-State11542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5771 USD per semester during 16 months.
Part time tuition:
- Local students: 481 USD per credit
- National and International students: 983 USD per credit
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.