Sports Science and Rehabilitation students are prepared by didactic learning opportunities to evaluate, treat and rehabilitate acute and chronic pain, as well as musculoskeletal pathology. The recipient of the MSR degree will possess the skills essential for the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and management of sports related injuries.
Logan offers an excellent broad opportunity to work with athletes in the St. Louis metropolitan area and surrounding region or in the student’s community. The internship capstone process provides experience in a variety of settings, blending all facets of the educational process with multi-disciplinary clinical settings. In addition, students are able to develop their own internship program within provided parameters.
The Sports Science and Rehabilitation program at Logan University provides the academic background necessary to complete several outside certification processes. Emphasis is placed on practical knowledge and the development of an integrated approach.
- Evaluating neuro-muscular skeletal anatomy and biomechanical principles that influence human performance
- Applying exercise physiology principles, to include muscle physiology, cardiovascular physiology and respiratory physiology to enhance human performance
- Demonstrating knowledge of sound nutritional concepts and basic emergency procedures within their scope of practice
- Demonstrating positive communication skills and techniques
This degree features an online format designed to provide flexibility for students. An in-person internship is required at the end of the program, and can be completed at an approved location that is convenient for the student, while also providing an experience that meets the student's area of interest.
The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) officially recognizes Logan University's Program in Graduate Studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Anatomy ot Human Motion
- Anatomy of Human Motion Prosection
- Psychology ot the Athlete
- Exercise/Cardiorespiratory Physiology
- Research Methods in Health Care
- Nutrition & Physical Performance
- Principles of Physical Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 10 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- An applicant must request that an official transcript be sent directly to Logan from the institution awarding the qualifying entrance degree.
- An applicant must present a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 2.50 on a 4.00 scale in their qualifying bachelor’s degree.
- The baccalaureate requirement may be waived for applicants holding a master’s degree, or holding doctoral degrees from accredited professional programs.
International450 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 450 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National450 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 450 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State450 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 450 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.