Gain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to respond positively and effectively to challenges and opportunities relating to trends in healthcare delivery. You will learn in groups, through discussions and lectures and role-playing, and through the use of standardized and simulated patients, independent research, and case-based problem-solving.
Our program will prepare you for critical thinking, ethical decision making, and the synthesis and judgment of problems, based on an integrated biopsychosocial medical model. Learn more about our mission, vision and educational philosophy on our department page.
Physician Assistant students will learn to be reflective, insightful, and aware of professional roles as well as the limitations, needs, styles, and values of patients and other health professionals.
- Earn your degree in just 28 months
- Gain real-world experience by participating in nine clinical rotations
- Learn the importance of civic skills and social responsibility
Students receiving a Masters in Physician Assistant Studies at the Dominican University of California are prepared for a wide range of careers as a PA in all medicine and surgery specialties and subspecialties, as well as careers in clinical research and education.
- Current Topics in the PA Profession & US Healthcare Policy & Systems
- Clinical Assessment/Lab
- Foundations of Clinical Medicine
- Medical Ethics and Professionalism
- Immunology, Medical Microbiology & Infectious Disease Principles
- Evidence Based Healthcare and Research
- CM Dermatology, Eye, ENT
- CM Cardiology and ECG
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis between May 1-October 1.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 680 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Completed CASPA Application
- Prerequisite Courses
- Personal Interview
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Direct Patient Contact Hours
- Physician Assistant Shadowing
- Exams: GRE: recommended but not required
International48697 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 USD per credit during 28 months.
National48697 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1114 USD per credit during 28 months.
Tuition is per unit.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.