Through advanced coursework, interdisciplinary research and experiential learning, this program trains tomorrow’s leading-edge scientists in genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell and developmental biology, neurobiology, environmental sciences, biotechnology, genomics, proteomics, protein interaction networks, and bioinformatics.
Students in the Master of Biological Sciences program have the opportunity to immerse themselves in thesis-driven individualized research in their area of interest.
Graduates of Dominican University of California’s Master of Biological Sciences program are prepared for a wide range of exciting careers in the life sciences, including academic or industry research positions, biochemistry, genetics and medical and health services. Graduates may also decide to pursue further education, including PhD, MD or pharmacy programs
- Graduate Research Methodology
- Advanced Molecular Biotechnology
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Graduate Special Topics: Biological Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 419 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- Completed Application
- Official Transcript(s)
- Statement of Purpose or Intent
- A statement between 300 and 800 words describing why you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Academic or professional, on letterhead.
- Prerequisite Requirements
- Personal Interview
- Applicants who have been selected to continue on in the application process will be invited to interview at BioMarin or the Buck Institute.
- Optional — GRE Record: An official copy of general Graduate Record Examination scores may be submitted
- International Applicants: International candidates must meet additional admissions requirements.
International19980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.