The Landscape Architecture program of Academy of Art University offers an introduction to landscape architecture. Coursework emphasizes the essential factors involved in the creation of outdoor spaces. This program is appropriate for students who want to learn about the profession but are not interested in practicing as a landscape architect in the future.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Demonstrate basic command of the key principles, systems, and elements of design that inform two- and three- dimensional design and composition
- Produce defensible design and planning solutions that reflect an awareness of the historical, ecological and climatic factors of a given site
- Creatively solve design problems
Research and Design Process
- Conduct sufficient research and analyze findings at appropriate junctures in the design process
- Explore sufficient concepts and alternatives, and test them against relevant criteria and standards
- Identify and evaluate key features and processes found on a site (such as soil types, individual plant species, plant communities, wildlife, climatic conditions, and hydrology) to determine design opportunities and constraints
Human and Social Factors
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complexities that exist between human behavior and outdoor space in design proposals
Technical Systems and Materials
- Apply the principles of sustainability to design technically accurate and ecologically sensitive grading and drainage plans and irrigation systems
- Select and evaluate materials that will both enhance the aesthetic and ecological qualities of a given site and provide for the programmatic requirements of the client and/or user group
History, Theory, and Criticism
- Demonstrate an awareness of fundamental design traditions, ideas, and influences in design proposals
Visual and Verbal Communication
- Consolidate research and present ideas in a concise and convincing verbal presentation
- Select appropriate representational media, including computer graphics and freehand drawing, to express essential information throughout the design process
- Produce a professional portfolio demonstrating their skills and design process
Academy of Art University offers some of the best training and hands-on experience to help accelerate your future landscape architecture career. We pride ourselves in doing an exceptional job preparing you to excel in your chosen profession. Our degree programs are designed to equip aspiring landscape architects with a comprehensive toolbox of marketable skills that lead to success in the industry.
As a landscape architect, you'll analyze, plan, design, and implement natural as well as built environments of all scales. Design and plan the restoration of disturbed natural places and systems such as stream corridors, wetlands, forested areas, and mines.
As a garden designer, you'll be responsible for planting, irrigation, and some hardscape design for residences and estates, Work with other designers and staff to create a holistic vision of urban spaces in this exciting career.
Working with the landscape architect, the designer helps with planning, design, management, and stewardship of natural and built environments.
As a regional and environmental planner, you'll be responsible for land use analysis, planning, zoning, and infrastructure as well as the analysis, design, and restoration of ecological systems. Help improve our parks and recreation areas in this important and fulfilling career path.
Landscape renderers are responsible for the creation of drawings, plans, elevations, perspective, and axonometric to communicate design intent and the spatial experience.
Abstract an idea in spatial forms as a master planner. You'll envision and design large-scale communities and lead the design process from conception to final construction.
Create planting designer based on site analysis, concept, and horticultural possibilities as a planting designer. You'll use plants in a creative and sustainable way to design projects at various scales.
Responsible for the design or redesign of existing urban spaces, the urban designer crafts unique and usable apices for the public. Revitalize existing amenities, or create new physical connections in this unique and inspiring career path.
As an urban strategist, you'll develop strategies to improve underutilized urban sites to improve social impact. Urban strategists and typically landscape architects, designers, or urban designers looking to create a behavioral and social impact in urban environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Imaging
- Drawing as Process
- Ecological Foundations of Design
- Landscape Architecture Design Studio
- Site Engineering
- Historical Precedents of Landscape Architecture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture View 116 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College transcripts must show the classes/subjects, grades, credits and number of hours completed for each class
- Applicants and sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support Form
- An art portfolio in your chosen discipline is required with detailed descriptions for all international graduate school applicants
- An official bank letter (from student. family/parents/sponsor) must show a minimum balance of $42,000 USD or equivalent
- We do not require TOEFL or IELTS scores and do not have a minimum score requirement
- Photocopy of your valid passport
- Photocopy of your 1-20, 1-94, or other visa document
- If your transcripts are not in English. they must be translated and notarized
International1191 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1191 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1137 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1137 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.