The Interior Architecture and Design program of Academy of Art University is a thirty-six (36) unit program that will provide students with a dynamic learning environment and a curriculum to prepare them for professional practice. The curriculum covers all aspects of design, including programming, design analysis, understanding human social and spatial interaction, space planning, use of color and materials, preparation of construction documents and specifications, site observation, professional business practices, current methods of interior construction, building systems and components, codes and regulations, fixtures, furnishings and equipment.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
Interior Design Skills
- Meet industry standards in response to professional ethics, global issues and technological advances
- Demonstrate creative approaches to layout, spatial organization, use of material, lighting, and relationship of interior design and furnishings to the architecture of the building
- Create construction drawings and documents
- Demonstrate an understanding of color principles, theories, and systems in interior design
Research and Problem Solving
- Conduct research and synthesize findings to generate multiple concepts and design responses to programmatic requirements
- Integrate oral and visual material to present ideas clearly
- Produce a cohesive portfolio tailored to reflect career goals.
Academy of Art University offers some of the best training and hands-on experience to help accelerate in various careers in interior architecture. We pride ourselves in doing an exceptional job preparing you to excel in your future profession through degree programs that equip aspiring professionals with a comprehensive toolbox of marketable skills, leading to a successful career.
Plan, program, and generate construction documents that accurately represent design intent. Plans, sections, details, elevations, and schedules are all a part of design documents.
Focus on Furniture. Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) selections. specifications. and material sourcing. The overall design concept established by the team is represented throughout all FF&E presentations. All members of the design team are expected to have strong leadership, organization, communication, and relationship management skills.
As a job captain, you'll collaborate with project managers to develop solutions to problems and coordinate the design through the entire process. Work with fabricators, contractors, and regulatory agencies to bring the project to life on time.
Coordinate both the FF&E and AutoCAD/BIM design deliverables to ensure that efforts are streamlined and consistent. Determine the feasibility of design details and manage the overall set of design documents to make sure they meet requirements of the project team as well as industry standards.
A visualization specialist works with the design team to create representations of project development. You'll use hand renderings, sketches, or 3D renderings to communicate design concepts in this creative field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Design Documentation
- Sketching & Perspective for Interior Environments
- Digital Imaging
- The Art & Ideology of the 20th Century
- BIM - Building Information Modeling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInterior Design View 65 other Masters in Interior Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College transcripts must show the classes/subjects, grades, credits and number of hours completed for each class
- Applicants and sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support Form
- An art portfolio in your chosen discipline is required with detailed descriptions for all international graduate school applicants
- An official bank letter (from student. family/parents/sponsor) must show a minimum balance of $42,000 USD or equivalent
- We do not require TOEFL or IELTS scores and do not have a minimum score requirement
- Photocopy of your valid passport
- Photocopy of your 1-20, 1-94, or other visa document
- If your transcripts are not in English. they must be translated and notarized
International35730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1191 USD per credit during 24 months.
National34110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1137 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.