Lander’s Emergency Management program will train you in the science of management during both natural and man-made disasters. The curriculum takes an interdisciplinary approach that borrows from several academic disciplines and best-practices in this emerging field of study.Designed to fit the busy schedules of first responders and business professionals, courses are planned so that students can finish in six terms (two years), taking two courses per term (including summer). Additionally, the program allows for students to complete courses within one year if their professional responsibilities pull them away from coursework during any given academic term.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Emergency Management
- Preparedness and Mitigation
- Response and Recovery
- Business and Economic Continuity
- Emergency Mental Health
- Continuity of Government
- Technology for Emergency Management
- Communications Strategies for Emergency Management
- Leadership for Emergency Management
- Emergency Management Law
- Hurricane and Weather
- Nuclear Incident Management
- Special Topics in Emergency Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management View 54 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A one- to two-page writing sample/cover letter that describes the applicant’s motivations, interests, and goals for earning this degree. The writing sample/cover letter should discuss:
- The applicant’s current work responsibilities and participation in emergency management; and/or
- The applicant’s volunteer service or experiences related to emergency management; and/or
- The applicant’s future goals and how they relate to the field of emergency management
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Official transcripts of all coursework must be submitted.
- Three professional letters of reference.
International11250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5900 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.