The MFA program provides students a framework for advanced study in drawing and painting, printmaking, and sculpture. Students of the Fina Art program of Academy of Art University are focused on technical and conceptual development in figurative, abstract or landscape work. The School of Fine Art provides graduate students with studio space, exhibition galleries, and world class facilities.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
MFA Thesis Project
- Present an original thesis concept worthy of the MFA degree
- Demonstrate the feasibility of the thesis project
- Produce a body of professional-level artwork warranting a professional gallery exhibit, demonstrating personal vision, rigor and cohesiveness in style, group and concept
- Work with appropriate skill in a chosen medium or mediums.
Planning and Conceptual Development
- Conduct project-related research
- Explore ideas and articulate concepts.
- Choose appropriate materials and techniques to support concepts.
- Critically evaluate personal work using objective criteria: describing facts, analyzing composition, interpreting content, and judging results.
- Give clear and concise professional presentations (verbal and visual).
- Professionally present ideas in writing.
- Produce a gallery-ready professional portfolio.
- Produce professional promotional materials.
Specialty Skills: Printmaking
- Demonstrate proficiency in relevant printmaking techniques
- Demonstrate editioning skills.
Academy of Art University offers some of the best training and hands-on experience to help accelerate your fine arts career. We pride ourselves in doing an exceptional job preparing you to excel in your chosen profession. Our degree programs are designed to equip aspiring artists and designers with a comprehensive toolbox of marketable skills that lead to success in the art world.
Create custom art for clients and collectors as a commission artist. You'll interpret your clients direction into one-of-a-kind works of art, and express yourself in a highly marketable way.
As a museum or gallery curator, you'll work as the content specialist in charge of the institution's collection. Interpret the material, organize its exhibition , and provide historical context through materials, catalogs, and labels.
Express yourself and contribute to the discourse of culture as a gallery artist. You'll create, show, and sell your work in commercial galleries, museums and express a unique point of view.
Own, manage, maintain, and curate your own collection as a gallery owner. You'll discover new artists, build a clientele base, and organize shows to express a unique point of view.
Print editions as a master printer at a fine arts press or print house. You'll oversee the production and execution of fine art editions and collaborate with artists, printers, and publishers.
Show your talent off on a large scale as professional muralist. You'll work with clients to interpret their direction, budget supplies and materials, and execute a work a art that satisfies everyone's goals.
Inspire the next generation of artists as a university art professor. You'll teach students historical, aesthetic, and technical details of developing their unique voice, and help them inspire and engage with the art community.
Dazzle the art world and its most knowledgeable enthusiasts with incredible three-dimensional compositions crafted from classical or cutting-edge materials that best express your unique point of view and serve as unmistakable commentary on the state of your community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Color Theory
- Still Life Painting
- Expressive Drawing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 558 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- College transcripts must show the classes/subjects, grades, credits and number of hours completed for each class
- Applicants and sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support Form
- An art portfolio in your chosen discipline is required with detailed descriptions for all international graduate school applicants
- An official bank letter (from student. family/parents/sponsor) must show a minimum balance of $42,000 USD or equivalent
- We do not require TOEFL or IELTS scores and do not have a minimum score requirement
- Photocopy of your valid passport
- Photocopy of your 1-20, 1-94, or other visa document
- If your transcripts are not in English. they must be translated and notarized
International1191 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1191 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1137 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1137 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.