Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
- Make subject matter comprehensible to students
- Gauge student learning using a variety of assessment strategies
- Engage and support all students in learning
- Plan instruction and design learning experiences for all students
- Create and maintain an effective environment for student learning
- Develop as a professional educator
- Create a professional portfolio suitable for seeking employment as a credentialed art educator in the state of California
- Develop a comprehensive plan to effectively advocate for Art Education in the 21st century
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Teaching Audiences in a Diverse Society
- Teaching Audiences with Special Needs
- Instruction & Assessment of Academic Literacy
- Visual Storytelling: Editing for Short-Form Video Content
- Student Teaching Seminar
- Student Teaching in Public School Classroom
- MAT Capstone: The Artist/Educator Documentary
- DS Mentorship Forum - MAT Capstone: The Art Advocacy Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts View 3666 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application form or online application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from your undergraduate college/university showing completion of an undergraduate degree
- One page essay explaining personal goals for graduate school or essay related to a topic as required by the Department
- Resume: Describe your educational and professional experience
- Portfolio/Demo reel: A portfolio with detailed descriptions in your chosen discipline is required
- Additional materials may be required.
International26147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.