It is designed to provide a strong foundation in advanced research methods for the study of English; a thorough background in the history and development of the English language; current theories in linguistics, literary criticism, and writing; and a variety of electives in the three emphasis areas.
- The graduate English program from New Mexico Highlands University serves regional secondary school teachers, prospective community college teachers, students who plan to enter Ph.D. programs and students who seek stronger credentials in English for careers in journalism, publishing, and professional writing.
- Each year, graduate assistantships are awarded competitively to full-time students. Along with tutoring in the Writing Center, graduate assistants undertake extensive teacher training in composition and gain experience as composition instructors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Literary Theory
- History of the English Language
- Research Methods in English
- Publishable Papers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 937 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School Diploma or U.S. equivalency
- Official transcripts from the institution that you received your secondary education from (school leaving certificate, diploma….)
International478 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 478 USD per credit during 12 months.
National295 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 295 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.