We offer a master degree in Photography and Media at California Institute of the Arts CalArts. Seminars stress critical theory, contemporary issues and history, while critique classes establish the basis for dialogue about ongoing work among students and rotating faculty members, helping each student to develop their own criteria and ability to discuss work.
- Each year, all MFA candidates present an exhibition or other approved public presentation of work, and they must pass a faculty review, including a Mid-Residency review for first year students and a Graduation Review for graduating students, looking at the student’s progress and the development of their practice
- In addition to CalArts' rich and diverse community and naturally collaborative atmosphere, the Institute provides several programs of study that can be pursued concurrently with a student's chosen metier.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- With its roots in still photography, the BFA and MFA tracks support students in a broad range of media and approaches, including still and moving images, installation, new media, sound, performance, and publication.
- All grounded in conversations about the histories of photography and media, the politics of representation, the changing role of cameras and photography in our daily lives, social documentary and activism.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 207 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Credentials, diplomas and certificates of secondary-school and college-level work must be presented in English translation. International students applying to MFA programs must submit evidence of receipt of an undergraduate degree or its equivalent.
- The records must clearly state the date of completion (or the anticipated date of completion) and the level of education received with notations as to the number of hours attended per week and the total number of weeks completed.
- Scan and upload copies of transcripts for all institutions attended. In the online application, you will be prompted to upload a PDF of your scanned documents. Please upload both the front and back sides of the transcript, even if the back side is blank.
International52850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52850 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National52850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52850 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.