The Athletic Training - Advanced Clinical Practice program of the East Stroudsburg University is a 13-month (35 credit) program that utilizes both traditional and distance education delivery techniques.
The learning objectives of this track under the Master of Science in Athletic Training are consistent and compatible with the established framework set forth by the NATA Education Council and have been designed in an effort to enhance the quality of health care for the physically active.
This post-professional certification program will prepare advanced practice clinicians for leadership in clinical service, research, education, and administration.
- Demonstrate through examinations, on-campus laboratories and clinical evaluations advanced knowledge and understanding of the learning objectives for each course. Advanced knowledge and clinical proficiency in clinical anatomy, therapeutic agents, manual therapies, orthopedic practices and physician extender competencies is required.
- Demonstrate mastery and clinical proficiency of advanced skills in the affiliated clinical sites (advanced clinical practicums) with the support of qualified clinical preceptors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the central issues and current evidence-based research in the field and effectively communicate this knowledge in both written and oral projects.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Clinically Oriented Anatomy
- Current Athletic Injury Prevention and Management
- Pathomechanics of Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Applied Statistics and Analysis in Athletic Training
- Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- Advanced Reconditioning and Corrective Exercise
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Rolling admission for national students
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 509 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Application: Complete an on-line application
- Transcript Evaluation: An official course-by-course transcript evaluation report will serve as the applicant's official transcript
- TOEFL Scores: TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for all international students unless your undergraduate degree is from an English language institution
- Goals Statement: the one-page letter should discuss, but not limited to, where your interest in the field stems from, how this degree will help you professionally, how your educational and professional experiences have prepared you to be successful in a graduate program, where you see the degree taking you within the next five years
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Resume/CV: educational and professional experiences and skills
- GRE scores
- Proof of Financial Support: Approved financial documentation that demonstrates you have access to approximately $28,700 (U.S.) from INCOME sources is mandatory before an I-20 form can be issued
International22647 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 13 months.
National22647 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 13 months.
In-State18060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 559 USD per credit during 13 months.
Living costs for East Stroudsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.