The Music Performance program at the State University of New York Fredonia courses will be divided between performance training, theory/history and elective courses. A National Association of Schools of Music-accredited university, Fredonia has been educating musicians for over a century. Fredonia's nurturing, inclusive environment supports individual passion and paths, allowing you to develop your vision and career path with the assistance of our successful music faculty.
The Fredonia Difference
The Master of Music in Music Performance programs offers five different tracks, including Instrumental, Conducting, Piano, Collaborative Piano, and Voice. Each track requires at minimum successful completion of 30 semester hours of coursework or 34 semester hours for voice, which are divided between performance training, theory/history and elective courses. A comprehensive oral examination and recital culminate the program.
- Springboard to advanced graduate programs in performance. Fredonia alumni have gone on to DMA programs at reputable universities
- Many Fredonia Music Performance alumni are in teaching positions at the secondary and college level, or are active in freelance performance careers.
- Alumni have gone on to pursue careers in the music field, utilizing the skills attained in performance.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Music Bibliography
- Analytic Techniques
- Graduate Performance Major
- Sonata Duo and Chamber Ensemble Seminar
- Techniques of Opera Coaching
- Collaborative Piano Performance Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic View 1074 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in Music at an accredited four-year institution with a minimum of 3.0 GPA preferred. Applicants who do not meet these requirements may be admitted conditionally by permission of the Director of the School of Music and with the approval of the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Must audition for and be accepted by the appropriate applied music faculty.
- A student working toward a Master of Music in Performance must select one of the four performance tracks: 1) Instrumental, 2) Voice, 3) Conducting, or 4) Collaborative Piano.
International1012 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1012 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1012 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1012 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 530 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.