The Music Performance program at the State University of New York Fredonia courses will be divided between performance training, theory/history and elective courses. A National Association of Schools of Music-accredited university, Fredonia has been educating musicians for over a century. Fredonia's nurturing, inclusive environment supports individual passion and paths, allowing you to develop your vision and career path with the assistance of our successful music faculty.
The Fredonia Difference
The Master of Music in Music Performance programs offers five different tracks, including Instrumental, Conducting, Piano, Collaborative Piano, and Voice. Each track requires at minimum successful completion of 30 semester hours of coursework or 34 semester hours for voice, which are divided between performance training, theory/history and elective courses. A comprehensive oral examination and recital culminate the program.
- Springboard to advanced graduate programs in performance. Fredonia alumni have gone on to DMA programs at reputable universities
- Many Fredonia Music Performance alumni are in teaching positions at the secondary and college level, or are active in freelance performance careers.
- Alumni have gone on to pursue careers in the music field, utilizing the skills attained in performance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Bibliography
- Analytic Techniques
- Graduate Performance Major
- Sonata Duo and Chamber Ensemble Seminar
- Techniques of Opera Coaching
- Collaborative Piano Performance Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 934 other Masters in Music in United States
- A transcript evaluation is required for transcripts originally printed in a language other than English and with original grading scales other than the 4.0 standard
- Recommendation letters are an important aspect of the graduate school application for Fredonia. The information provided in recommendation letters is used as evidence of your overall potential to succeed as a graduate student.
- All international applicants must submit evidence of full financial support for all expenses at Fredonia as a condition of being issued immigration documents for F-1 or J-1 status
International8496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4248 USD per semester during 12 months.
National8496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4248 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2826 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Fredonia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.