The program provides students with an advanced and comprehensive understanding of human development, the biological nature of crime, psychopathology, psychology and law, and criminal profiling.
Why earn your M.A. in Forensic Psychology from California Baptist University ?
Forensic psychology classes are scheduled to allow working professionals the opportunity to pursue their educational and career advancement. Graduates come away with the interdisciplinary knowledge to shape laws and policies that reflect human behavior. Students also develop an understanding of research methodology and its application to forensic psychology.
In the second year of study, students are involved in field experience and on-site supervision in a forensic setting. This may include working an FBI internship, with U.S. Marshalls, victim advocacy, trial advocacy, trial consultant firms, conflict resolution and mediation, rape crisis centers, probation, or parole.
- Case manager
- Expert witness
- Victim advocate
- Trial consultant
- Law enforcement consultant
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Legal Research & Reasoning
- Advanced Criminal Law
- Theories & Prspctves Crim Behav
- Criminal Investigations
- Statistical Analysis
- Qualitative Fornsc Rsrch Methods
- Biological Bases of Behavior
- Criminal Profiling
- Advanced Social Psychology
- Advcd Psychopatholgy & Crimnlty
- Forensic Psychology
- Forensic Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 899 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for unconditional admission and 2.75 for conditional admission. Applicants with a GPA below 2.75 may be considered for admission with the presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). GRE not required for applicants with a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Three recommendations
- Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes the following: purpose for entering the program, religious background, present pattern of spiritual growth and personal faith
- General Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Methods of Research
International20377 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40755 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National20377 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40755 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition per unit: 725 USD
Ambassador’s Scholarship (Incoming Freshmen)
- $12,000 per year
- 3.5 cumulative weighted GPA and above
- 1000 SAT or 20 ACT
- $8,000 per year
- 3.3 GPA and above
- Global Initiatives Grant – Up to $10,000 per year
- Grant based upon financial need as determined. International financial aid application required.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.