Interest in the field has increased significantly with the U.S. Department of Labor predicting an annual growth rate of 35 percent for the geospatial technology industry. In addition, analytical technologies are predicted for current and future growth (NMC Horizon Report, 2018) and according to IBM (2017), by 2020, there will be approximately 2,720,000 jobs available in fields served by data professionals.
Exceptionally prepared students may complete the degree in one year. All courses feature online learning with flexible blended scheduling.
Career paths for students who obtain their Master of Science in Data Intelligence and GeoAnalytics at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota are quite varied and diversified including careers in GIS (Geographic Information Science), information technology, data science, business analytics, asset and natural resource management, market analysts, urban planning, cloud/network administrators, public safety and emergency management, and surveying/drone data collection to name a few.
Regardless of your profession, your Saint Mary's education will give you:
- A comprehensive understanding of effective research strategies
- Real-world examples and hands-on experience to promote the efficient use of technology analytics and intelligence frameworks used in decision making
- Thorough knowledge of data development techniques, analysis, and evaluation
- Applied in-depth experience with geospatial technology in multiple fields ranging from health, natural resources, and business to urban planning, emergency management, and public policy
- Experience in connecting concepts of data collection, data engineering, data science, and geoanalytics
- Fundamentals of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Quantitative Methods
- Relational Database Design and Administration
- Data Acquisition and Location of Things
- Data Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) Artificial Intelligence View 181 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree
- Other relevant official transcripts documenting potential transfer credits
- International transcripts must be evaluated by a university-accepted evaluator
- A reflective essay which includes a brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience, a description of the areas the applicant considers to be their strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities, and any personal information the applicant wishes to share
- Two recommendations
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience
International12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.