Why Earn Your Master’s in Speech-Language Pathology at Sacred Heart University?
- The Master’s in Speech-Language Pathology degree will prepare you with the knowledge and clinical skills to prevent, assess, and treat all aspects of human communication and swallowing disorders.
- At Sacred Heart, you will gain hands-on internship experience starting in your first semester, and graduate with at least 375 hours of supervised clinical practicum in a variety of settings including public schools, hospitals, and rehabilitation centers.
- Taught by our professors, all of whom have worked clinically in school or medical settings, your course of study will include examination of case studies, emphasis on problem-based learning approaches, cooperative learning, and laboratory experiences. You'll participate in interprofessional problem-based learning sessions two to four times per semester, and make four case presentations at interprofessional round tables.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Practicum Seminar: Managing Behavior & Service Delivery
- Clinical Practicum (Speech and Hearing Screening/Diagnostics)
- Practicum Seminar: Eligibility & Evaluation
- Clinical Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Special Education Linguistics View 728 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
To be admitted to SHU’s graduate program in SLP, all students must:
- Successfully complete all required prerequisites for the appropriate track by the end of the summer prior to enrollment in a graduate program.
- Hold a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative and pre-requisite GPA with no individual prerequisite course grade below a C.
Other admissions requirements for all students include:
- Application (please see above for stipulations)
- GRE scores (no minimum score set)
- Two letters of recommendation from academic sources (professor or academic advisor)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Please Note: ALL prior schools’ transcripts MUST be submitted for review, regardless of whether or not transferred courses appear on the current school transcript.
- Admissions essay
- Nonrefundable application fee
International27800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13900 USD per semester during 24 months.
National27800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13900 USD per semester during 24 months.
tuition per trimester
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.