Why Earn Your Master of Public Health (MPH) at Sacred Heart University?
Sacred Heart’s Master of Public Health program will prepare you to protect and improve the health of individuals and entire communities. With this degree, you’ll be qualified for a wide variety of careers in public health, epidemiology, and biostatistics.
The program’s curriculum emphasizes community health grounded in a philosophy of social justice, providing students with the opportunity to work with community partners to enhance the health of the local community.
In the Master of Public Health program, you will also:
- Learn from faculty with strong backgrounds in public health, who have close ties to local, state, and national public health organizations, leaders, and agencies
- Have the chance to participate in collaborative projects between SHU and local organizations including Green Village Initiative, the town of Bridgeport’s “Know Your Numbers” campaign, and the on-campus Vape Awareness campaign
- Approach public health through the lens of social justice, which calls for improving the health of the population while ensuring fair treatment of the disadvantaged
- Critically examine how biological, behavioral, social, and environmental factors influence health
- Learn to create and evaluate programs and policies designed to improve the health of individuals and communities
- Study topics in epidemiology, biostatistics, social ecological determinants of health, health promotion, public health administration, research methods, health systems, and health policy
- Develop a deeper understanding of public health theories, public health program planning and evaluation, community health development, and grant writing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Profession and Science of Public Health
- Research Methods
- Social Ecological Determinants of Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of March 1.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1101 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Complete the online graduate application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- Maintenance of an 3.0 undergraduate, cumulative GPA
- Two letters of recommendation
- One to two page essay stating why you are pursuing a career in public health, and what you hope to do with an MPH degree.
International24720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1030 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1030 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.