Why Occupational Therapy?
- Occupational Therapy is a vibrant, growing profession that makes it possible for people to participate fully in their lives. Occupational therapists change lives. When a person is challenged with a physical or mental health difficulty, occupational therapists ask “What matters to you? What is important to you?”. Occupational therapy is a client centered, evidenced-based profession that supports people of all ages, individuals, groups or populations participate in everyday activities and occupations that are meaningful and valuable to the client.
- When you earn your Master of Science in Occupational Therapy at Sacred Heart University, you will learn to address the spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and cognitive needs of your clients, and to design occupation-based interventions that enable clients to meaningfully participate in their own work, school, play, home, society, and community lives.
Sacred Heart University’s Graduate Occupational Therapy Program, leading to the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT). Accreditation is under “The Standards for an Accredited Educational Therapy Program for the Occupational Therapist - 2018” by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Therapeutic Use of Self
- Applied Functional Anat & Neuroanatomy
- Human Conditions Across Life Span
- Health & Wellness: Personal Journey
- Human Occ & Activity Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- November 1: Deadline for external applicants applying through OTCAS
- We will accept applications until the class is filled
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Occupational Health and Safety View 155 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- Completion of graduate application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Successful completion of baccalaureate degree
- Maintenance of an 3.0 or better cumulative GPA
- Total prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or better
- Science prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or better (General Biology with lab; Human Anatomy and Physiology I with lab and Human Anatomy and Physiology II with lab).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation (one from an academic source and one from employer or volunteer supervisor)
- Relevant shadowing or volunteer experience in occupational therapy
- Successful interview with the Occupational Therapy Admissions Committee
International25900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12950 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.