Housed in a multi-million-dollar science complex, the Department of Biological Sciences includes the Electron Microscopy Center, microtomy laboratory, darkroom, tissue culture facilities, laboratories, seminar rooms, lecture halls, and ample space for individual and group research efforts. An ultracentrifuge, research gas chromatograph, and similar complex instrumentation help comprise a modern training and research facility.
Mission and Student Learning Goals
The mission of the graduate program in Microbiology from Wagner College is to prepare students for careers as microbiologists, molecular biologists, immunologists, virologists, mycologists, parasitologists, and epidemiologists in clinical, industrial, governmental or academic research laboratories. This is accomplished by providing a strong grounding and hands-on experience in the biochemical and physiological principles that govern all aspects of microbial life and by offering a variety of opportunities that stimulate intellectual curiosity, as well as analytical and deductive reasoning skills in our students.
By graduation, students with a M.S. degree in microbiology should possess or have demonstrated
- a clear conceptual knowledge of microbial physiology.
- a general knowledge of medical and public health microbiology.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied, Food, and Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Physiology
- Medical & Public Health Microbiology
- Advanced Microbial Physiology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMicrobiology View 138 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- the bachelor’s degree from an institution of recognized standing with a major in one of the biological sciences or in chemistry;
- successfully completed an undergraduate course in microbiology and 16 credits of chemistry including one course in organic chemistry with laboratory;
- an undergraduate course or demonstrated proficiency in statistics.
In addition to complete online application, please submit the following:
- Official transcript from each post secondary school attended
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from former or present employers or professors
- $60 application fee
International21780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21780 USD per year and a duration of .
National21780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21780 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.