In this 100% online program in Reading at the Northwest Missouri State University , you will learn how to develop reading and writing curricula, implement instructional strategies, design effective assessment programs, and create effective learning environments, programs and strategies that promote literacy.
This MSEd. in Reading program is taught by the same experienced faculty who teach on campus. This 30-hour online program is flexible, with multiple start dates and accelerated coursework so that you can achieve your goal while you continue working. In as few as 12 months, you can be prepared for career roles such as a Reading Specialist, Literacy Coach, Reading Teacher, or Reading Interventionist.
Career opportunities include:
- Reading Specialist
- Literacy Coach
- Reading Teacher
- Reading Interventionist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Data Literacy and Assessment for Schools
- Multicultural Education for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Literacy-Based Assessment and Analysis
- A Survey of Literacy Professionals and Practices
- Literacy in the Elementary School
- Literacy in the Secondary School
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 4063 other Masters in Education in United States
- 3.5 or higher on the analytical writing measure of the GRE OR
- Successful completion of another Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with at least a 2.75 GPA OR
- National Board Certification OR
- Successful completion of nationally normed educational performance assessment or content assessment OR
- Department analytical writing assessment that is evaluated using a writing scoring guide based on the modified CUNY scales with a score of 4.0 or higher
International9750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National9750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Maryville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.