Athletic Trainers help athletes in many different ways – from initial injury management, emergency care, evaluation of injuries, rehabilitation and return to play at peak performance, SHU MSAT is designed to take you the top of the field.
As the only MSAT offered in Connecticut, this program will give you the opportunity to:
- Experience real-world training through clinical rotations at Sacred Heart’s athletic training room, local universities, high schools and clinics
- Collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation
- Study a progressive curriculum that puts athletic training concepts into action
- Prepare to sit for the Board of Certification national exam to become a Certified Athletic Trainer, and then be eligible to apply for licensure in all states
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Emergency Care in Athletic Training
- Research Design and Statistics in Athletic Training
- Evidenced Based Practicum I
- Advanced Lower Extremity Injury Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 403 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- A completed online graduate admissions application
- Non-refundable application fee
- A signed Agent/Educational Consultant Release Form for Sacred Heart University
- Completed course-by-course academic credential report such as WES, ECE, FIS, or any of the credential evaluation services approved by NACES
- Professional resume detailing the applicant's academic achievements and employment history
- One page personal statement discussing the applicant's reasons for pursuing the degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- A bank statement
- Refer to the specific graduate program for any additional admission requirements specific to your program.
International22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.