At Sacred Heart University, you’ll get the hands-on training and classroom experience you need to evaluate, protect, and care for athletes at all levels.
You’ll develop your skills as an essential member of a sports medicine team as you learn how to manage an initial injury, evaluate injuries, and provide emergency care, as well as how to guide athletes through the process of rehabilitation and help them return to play at peak performance.
Through the Master’s in Athletic Training program, you will also:
- Experience real-world training through clinical rotations at SHU’s athletic training room, local universities, high schools, and clinics throughout four of the five program semesters
- Learn in state-of-the-art facilities on modern equipment, including a high fidelity manikin
- Collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation
- Study in a progressive curriculum that puts athletic training concepts into action
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Evidence Based Practicum
- Adv Lower Extremity Injury Mgt
- Clinical Decision Making:neuro Patholog
- Evidence Based Practicum
- Advanced Upper Extremity Injury Mgmt
- Social & Behavioral Health
- Cln Decision Making in at
- Clinical Medicine Topics
- Masters Capstone Preparation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 529 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Submit your online application
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended: Official transcripts from any previous institutions attended must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions (even if they have already been submitted to the University Registrar for transfer credit).
- Documentation of a minimum of 10-15 hours of observation under the supervision of a (BOC) certified and licensed athletic trainer.
- Athletic Training students are required to meet technical standards to successfully complete all program requirements. Review the technical standards document and sign and return it to the Office of Graduate Admissions. This acknowledges that you have reviewed and understand the technical standards of the athletic training profession.
- All students enrolling in the MSAT program must complete the Castle Branch requirements prior to beginning the program.
International22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 USD per semester during 24 months.
National22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.