At Sacred Heart University, you’ll get the hands-on training and classroom experience you need to evaluate, protect, and care for athletes at all levels.
You’ll develop your skills as an essential member of a sports medicine team as you learn how to manage an initial injury, evaluate injuries, and provide emergency care, as well as how to guide athletes through the process of rehabilitation and help them return to play at peak performance.
Through the Master’s in Athletic Training program, you will also:
- Experience real-world training through clinical rotations at SHU’s athletic training room, local universities, high schools, and clinics throughout four of the five program semesters
- Learn in state-of-the-art facilities on modern equipment, including a high fidelity manikin
- Collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation
- Study in a progressive curriculum that puts athletic training concepts into action
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Emergency Care in Athletic Training
- Research Design and Statistics in Athletic Training
- Evidenced Based Practicum
- Advanced Lower Extremity Injury Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 453 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Submit your online application via ATCAS portal
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Documentation of a minimum of 10-15 hours of observation under direct supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Athletic Training students are required to meet technical standards to successfully complete all program requirements. Review the technical standards document and sign and submit it via ATCAS. This acknowledges that you have reviewed and understand the technical standards of the athletic training profession.
International22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 USD per semester during 24 months.
National22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.