Teachers will utilize their classrooms as experimental laboratories while they master best practices, broaden their pedagogy, and grow as artists themselves. Students will meet at SUU for three week on-campus sessions in June, then complete the bulk of their course work online throughout the school year, tailored to match the schedules of busy teachers. With over 1/3 of the degree being electives and individualized projects, you can improve on the skills that you truly want to master!
In support of the mission of the music department, the Music Education degree from Southern Utah University trains secondary music education teachers to be more effective in their teaching.
- Increase abilities to direct ensembles in secondary schools.
- Increase understanding of music through analysis, and performance, including historical and societal implications.
- Increase classroom management skills as they relate to music.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Music Education
- Curriculum Organization in Music Education
- Music Teaching and Learning
- Music Theory Pedagogy
- Graduate Seminar in Music History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 1231 other Masters in Education in United States
- Cumulative Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Bachelors Degree in Music w/ Teaching Certification (Transcripts to demonstrate)
- Proof of Current Teaching Position (Three Letters of Recommendation; at least one from an Administrator who can confirm current and ongoing employment in a music ensemble classroom)
- Prospective students will need to be currently employed as a music teacher in a school setting. Practicum assignments require students to try techniques with their own classes as the lab setting, the requirement of having a teaching position is of the utmost importance.
- Resume and Written Statement of Purpose (Cover letter)
- Successful Admission to Graduate School by approval of the Master of Music Education Committee
International18362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18362 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.