Teachers will utilize their classrooms as experimental laboratories while they master best practices, broaden their pedagogy, and grow as artists themselves. Students will meet for three-week on-campus sessions in June, then complete their coursework online throughout the school year.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students entering the master’s Music Education degree from Southern Utah University will be expected to have achieved the prerequisite NASM and SUU undergraduate learning outcomes, and the additional learning outcomes below:
Performance and Musicianship
- expanded skills in conducting
- expanded skills in rehearsal techniques
History and Theory
- knowledge of music history on par with graduate-level national standards
- knowledge of music theory on par with graduate-level national standards
- knowledge of ensemble literature on par with graduate-level national standards
- the ability to develop innovative curriculum
- innovative teaching methodologies
- Research in Music Education
- Curriculum Organization in Music Education
- Music Teaching and Learning
- Music Theory Pedagogy
- Graduate Seminar in Music History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3575 other Masters in Education in United States
- Provide official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended. If degree was from SUU, a copy of transcript is not required. Official transcripts must bear the institution's seal, registrar's signature, and (chose one):
- Mailed directly from institution in sealed envelope.
- Mailed from applicant in an envelope with sealed envelope from institution (the institution envelope may not be opened or tampered with).
- Hand delivered in institution's sealed envelope without being opened or tampered with.
- Submitted as electronic transcripts from Utah institutions through the Clearinghouse or Parchment
- Faxed transcripts are NOT accepted
- Copies of official transcripts are NOT accepted.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher calculated off the last 60 semester hours of course work.
- All applicants must participate in a program orientation.
International12900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National12900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Cedar City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.