Although the TESOL Masters degree program at McDaniel College is designed to promote excellence in teaching speakers of other languages, this program does not lead to an intitial PreK-12 teacher ceritfication. The program places a strong emphasis on the development of: professionalism in language education; individual language rights; accessible, high quality education; collaboration in a global community; interaction of research and reflective practice for educational improvement; respect for diversity and multiculturalism; and promotion of professional development and exchange for educators. This program is closely aligned with the professional standards established by Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages [TESOL]/National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education [NCATE].
Key Features of the TESOL program include:
- The core courses in the program are offered totally online. Elective courses are offered online, in a hybrid format, or face-to-face.
- Preparation for the Praxis II (test 5361) in ESOL.
- Updated knowledge working with English Language Learners (ELLs).
- Effective instructional strategies and classroom management techniques that work with all students.
- A combination of theory and effective teaching practices equip you with the skills to manage diverse and multicultural students in a variety of classroom environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in English Learner Education
- Assessment of English Learners
- Methods in Teaching Reading to English Learners in the Content Areas
- Principles of Language Acquisition
- Grammar for ESOL Teachers
- Linguistics for ESOL Teachers
- Introduction to Research Methodology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 343 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Applicants to the program must submit:
- Completed application for graduate study
- Statement of Intent describing your academic and career goals
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate and graduate (if obtained) degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- Three official academic or professional letters of recommendation
International19060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19060 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National19060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19060 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.