Certified teachers looking to expand their skill-set and earn a master’s degree can find what they’re looking for in the M.S. in Secondary Education. The 36-credit program at McDaniel College offers the opportunity to work with the program coordinator to self-design an academic plan that meets your individual professional needs.
Candidates are encouraged to select an academic focus from a variety of McDaniel certificate programs and will have the ability to combine them to create a unique plan of study. Eligible course work from other master's programs offered through McDaniel College may also be incorporated into this program. Candidates will also have the option to add endorsements to their teaching certificate including, but not limited to, Administrator I Certification.
McDaniel certificate options include:
- Administrator I Certification
- Equity and Excellence in Education
- Gifted and Talented Education Specialist (GATES)
- Learning Technology Specialist
- Writing for Children and Young Adults
- Candidates should schedule a meeting with the program coordinator upon initial admission to develop their individual program of study.
- Each candidate will complete RSM 550 (Introduction to Research Methodology) and a capstone experience of the candidate’s choice; either an individually developed project or thesis.
- The program of study will include a focus area of the candidate's choice.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4051 other Masters in Education in United States
Applicants to the program must submit:
- Completed application for graduate study
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- Two official letters of recommendation
International19260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19260 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National19260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19260 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Westminster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.