This performance-based degree program seeks to achieve a proper balance between the experiences required for training a specialist and those required for development as a professional educator working with other educators. Completion of the program and a passing score on the GACE Content Assessment for Teacher Leadership will lead to eligibility for Level 6 certification in Teacher Leadership by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
A Teacher Leadership Portfolio and Online Teacher Leader Network will assist candidates as they transform into highly effective teacher leaders prepared to meet today's challenges. Other support elements include coaches, candidate support teams, and individual growth plans.LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of curriculum and apply this knowledge to the alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment to standards
- Model best practices in pedagogy and serve as a mentor and coach for other educators
- Work with others to design and implement assessment practices and analyze data for monitoring and improving teaching and learning through data-informed decision making
- Expand theoretical and practical knowledge of teachers with an understanding of the social-cultural, legal, political, and philosophical forces that influence the school environment
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Measurement & Assessment in Teaching
- Leadership in Teaching
- Residency I
- Advanced Curriculum & Instruction
- Leadership in Professional Development
- Residecy II
- Philosonphy of Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 1046 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Submit a completed application along with application fee.
- Must submit a minimum of two, but preferably three letters of recommendation for admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an ABET accredited program, but applicants will be considered with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent internationally.
- Submit GRE score on the general section of the test.
International615 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 615 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National615 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 615 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.