The degree will assist students who desire to continue their musical preparation at the doctoral level, and will help prepare performers for a professional career in music. Two semesters of residency are required.
Master's candidates who wish to include the designation "With Emphasis in Church Music" to their degree may do so by choosing to use six elective credits in designated church music courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Hymnology and Church Music Literature
- Church Music Methods and Technology
- Service Playing
- Analytical Techniques II
- Sixteenth Century Counterpoint
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 975 other Masters in Music in United States
- Submit a completed application along with application fee.
- Must submit a minimum of two, but preferably three letters of recommendation for admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an ABET accredited program, but applicants will be considered with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent internationally.
- Submit GRE score on the general section of the test.
International720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 720 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 720 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.