The program is designed to offer a comprehensive study of the specialized skills needed to teach and support students in grades 4-8. The program offers a wide scope of course content that focuses on theoretical and pedagogical issues while incorporating research, assessment, and technology integration. Diverse field experiences throughout the program help to prepare teachers to support the diverse needs of students.
The program is designed for: recent college graduates with degrees in fields other than education; re-careering professionals; paraprofessionals who have bachelor's degrees; teachers who hold non-renewable certificates and who want to earn Clear Renewable master's level certificate; and teacher candidates from a wide variety of academic majors who are interested in earning both initial certification and a master's level teaching certificate.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to:
- Understand the social, behavioral, emotional, cognitive and physical characteristics and needs of the preadolescent student
- Understand how students differ in their approaches to learning and how the learning environment can be adapted to meet the diverse needs of middle grades
- Design and implement an integrated, developmentally appropriate curriculum for at least two content concentration areas that considers the social, behavioral, emotional, cognitive and physical nature and needs of middle grades students.
- Develop and implement a wide variety of formative and summative assessment strategies
- Integrate research based strategies and instructional technology effectively into all components of the middle school curriculum.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Education
- Planning & Organizing Instruction in MG
- Adolescent Development & Learning
- Teaching Exceptional Learners
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 3543 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submit a completed application along with application fee.
- Must submit a minimum of two, but preferably three letters of recommendation for admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an ABET accredited program, but applicants will be considered with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent internationally.
- Submit GRE score on the general section of the test.
International610 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 610 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National610 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 610 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.